Sunday 8 May 2016

Midsummer's Night And An Inspirational Card For The Ribbon Girl

Hello, lovely blogger friend's.
I hope you are well.
I am here to share a Birthday card that I have made for my Mum who is celebrating her Birthday at the end of May using lots of stunning embellishments from The Ribbon Girl online store.

I used Midsummer's Night from Lili Of The Valley
The image is stamped with Memento rich cocoa ink onto Bristol board extra smooth cardstock and cut around the image.
I have coloured the image with Prismacolor & Polychromos pencils and mounted the finished image onto a Spellbinders floral oval.


For the shape of my card I used GoKreate large frame frilly # 2 and Maja Design Vintage Autumn Basics papers.
Other dies used are; Cheery Lynn English tea party doily, Marianne Design clock and Ivy circle. Magnolia Doohickey bloomy tag and jungle leaves.
I have inked the die cuts with Tim Holtz Vintage photo distress ink.

Here is a list of the stunning embellishments that I have used on my card from 
Just Click on the links below to take you directly to the products.


Here are a couple of close up's of the flowers, Vintage pins, dragonfly charm, mushroom charm and resin cameo frame.
I have painted the frame with white Gesso and rubbed over it with Tim Holtz aged mahogany distress ink. Around the inside of the frame I adhered a length of 3mm x 5mm oval white pearl string and using 2mm 3D sticky pads adhered the mushroom charm inside the oval.


A close look at this adorable fairy.
I loved colouring her!
I surrounded the image with Shabby white embossing enamel and 3mm sugar & Spice s/a pearls.
Around the outside of the image I adhered a length of 4mm Ivory pearl string.
I used glamour dust on the stars and added white liquid pearls to the toadstools.
I used glossy accents on the moon.


Inside the card is decorated with design paper and the smallest of a  GoKreate large frame frilly #2 die cut.

I hope that I have inspired you with my card?

We currently have our May card challenge running over on The Ribbon Girl challenge blog which ends at 9pm 14th May so still plenty of time to enter and win some fabulous prizes.

I am entering my card into the following super challenge's;



Thank you for stopping by to take a look at my creation today and big thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I  really do appreciate every one.
Have a wonderful week ahead.

Crafty Hugs
Donna xx








4 comments:

  1. beautiful card, your Mum will love it! Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW Donna, this is beautiful! Lovely image and so beautifully coloured. Your Mum will love her card.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Donna, this is stunning. An adorable image and you embellishments and design all work so well together. Love it.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi just adore this fairytale with her looking at the moon with the click die and that so cute toadstool another masterpiece always an I an inspiration :) xx

    ReplyDelete